View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #798
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Just got done watching this movie on Bluray. I really think this is my favorite out of the three. Sure it has a few issues from being incredibly compact with so much story to tell, but it's just an amazing ending to this story, and it's so grandiose and epic. It ended and I finally felt the pang of "Oh ****, this really is the end of Nolan's run." I really want to just watch it again, haha.
Same here. Bruce's last shot is so damn gratifying to me. As a long-time fan, to finally see him happy made me shed a tear the first time I saw it. This was my favorite superhero growing up, reading comics, watching the Burton movies, then growing up on Nolan's into adulthood. It was a bittersweet feeling seeing it end.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.