View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #219
Fudgie
Banned User

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Alright, let me rephrase. There were no links threads left hanging from film one as much as people protest there is, that story was done. Going full circle should have justification behind it, and there is no justification for the LoS and Talia in Rises. Any dangling threads from film one were artificially created for this movie, and in doing so screws up Bane and worse Catwoman in the process and that's kinda what pisses me off about the movie.
Yup, darn right. We didn't hear diddly squat about Ra's having a daughter or Bane or anything like that in Begins. It was all made up in Rises because Joker wasn't available to come back, which we all know he would have.

But nay we had to have the LOS try and destroy Gotham again with another nasty machine, and get an Al Ghul to pretend to be someone else again.

Yawn. Lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm giving you a hand.

Full ciricle is too lazy a story device for Nolan. I love Nolan as a filmmaker yet have criticisms but one of them is not lazy plots. Rises is just a super lazy movie, decent but lazy. I still think that Ledger's death had something to do with why the movie turned out the way it did.
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Because coming from a director like Nolan it is lazy.
Yup. Nolan is capable of a lot better. The first two Batman flicks are proof of what he can do when he gets his creative juices flowing. He was on auto pilot with Rises. Maybe that's why there was such a big deal about auto pilots in it hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Yet it was his clashes with The Joker and Harvey Dent that robbed him of Rachel and put him into 8 years of misery and retirement. Nothing the LOS did to him had that much of an effect on him. TDK even left more lasting physical injuries on him since the leg injury and need for a cane was a result of his fall with Dent.

Exactly. Batman Begins left no loose ends with the LOS. They were defeated and Ra's was killed. There was more justification for the Joker to come back since he lived ("I think you and I are destined to do this forever") and his breaking of Harvey Dent was covered up by Batman and Gordon.
Yup when ya look at it TDK events had like the biggest game changing vents of the trilogy.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote