View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #220
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Forgot this was the Hathaway/Catwoman Thread. In an effort to steer things back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSymbol View Post
There's much hate around Anne's performance.i dont understand that.
I have not seen one other person on this board that disliked Hathaway/Catwoman (besides myself). People comparing her performance to Ledger's Joker? I don't see it. Personally, I found her to be grating, but then, I hate the idea of Catwoman (as a romantic interest for Batman) anyway. It makes no goddamn sense.

Batman: Stop right there, thief! I'm here to arrest you!
Catwoman: I have a vagina. Meow.
Batman: Okay, I guess I'll let you off easy THIS time...

The same goes for Talia (in the comics). Batman needs to learn to keep it in his pants for the greater good.

I guess that's more a criticism of the character rather than the actress. But I think that it's still a valid criticism. Nolan didn't HAVE to make Catwoman the love interest; she could have just been a flirty villain on her own merit (a la Poison Ivy).

I mean, why exactly does Bruce trust Selina in TDKR? I just don't get it. I'd be pissed if someone stole a family heirloom/my wallet/my car. I certainly wouldn't elope to Europe with that person. I'm really open to suggestions, because the inclusion/implementation of her character (as I interpret it) in TDKR bothers me a bit.

/Rant

EDIT: Well, if we really are gonna go off the rails here, I would like to say that I find the inclusion of the LOS a bit disappointing. It's not really lazy or a re-hash, but it makes the Nolan Bat-universe seem so much smaller. I agree with the analogy to the Death Star II of RotJ.

Last edited by CoolCadaver49; 12-05-2012 at 11:10 AM.
CoolCadaver49 is offline   Reply With Quote