Thread: Kurse!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #267
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again: Sony never used the exact name "Mephisto" in the GR movies.
"Mephistopheles" (the name they actually used) is a "public domain" name referring to an actual being from mythology; "Mephisto" is a trademarked name belonging to a specific Marvel supervillain. That name is, afawk, still available.

As far as the Tesseract: yes, the Cube could very well be the thing that converts Algrim to Kurse. Question is, who winds up with possession of it in this movie? Thor brought it home to Asgard at the end of TA1, and it's safe to say that Odin will do everything in his power to make sure it doesn't get back into Loki's hands. And it's also pretty darn safe to say that Odin certainly isn't going to be the one who transforms Algrim.

Could fall into the wrong hands again, but like Jaqua, I believe the Tesseract has run its course for now. I think Odin will secure it almost immediately in this movie, and that's the last we'll see of it for the next couple of years, at least.
That's exactly what I am thinking. The tesseract is getting old. The avengers centered around the tesseract, so it would be an avengers related thing. Again, just because the cube and beyonder are related, doesn't mean they will be in the MCU, and doesn't mean the tesseract will change Algrim. I'm with you, i've seen enough of the tesseract. It's phase 2 now. Aside from characters, lets see something new