Thread: Kurse!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #271
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Possibly, but my next question would be if all someone has to do to turn into a "Kurse" type powerful being is use the Cube a certain way then why wouldn't Loki have done that to himself with all his knowledge of it, to make himself powerful enough to not only take over the Earth, defeat Thor and the Avengers, and at least be a strong challenge to Thanos if he were to come after him?
That's a good point. I'll take a stab at responding:

Marvel material on cosmic cubes say that they can become sentient and possibly can have some influence on how and what power is used. There's also the idea that the cubes tend to be influenced by the wielders. That would suggest that Algrim would be more interested in becoming Kurse'd, not so much for Loki. But I concede that second argument is weaker.

The last idea I have is that Loki did not appear to interact with the Tesseract so directly. Maybe Algrim tries to manipulate it directly.

Of course, this idea is a departure from the original material. That has Thor and Algrim fighting (in Svartalfheim), Malekith opening up the pit of lava, Algrim injured, and then the transformation occurs.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote