View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #78
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think they should bring back Nightcrawler, well not yet. I just watched X2 last week and I think it would be weird to see Nightcrawler again with the X-Men especially X2 was released almost a decade ago and he didn't appear in X3. If they are gonna bring him back, it should be a proper comeback, like they should show and explain why he came back to the X-Men. I don't want FOX to bring him back just for the purpose of bringing back fan-favorites from the original trilogy.
I was thinking, they could have Rogue come back if it was explained the cure didn't work. We saw Magneto's powers begin to return at the end of X3, and we saw Beast's attempt at a cure in First Class just made his mutation progress further.

It could be a good plot point. We see Rogue being pursued by thugs in the future, she is cornered in an abandoned building, one guy asks if she is 'human or mutie', then says 'well what do we care, a hot chick is just a hot chick at the end of the day' and leaps on her, intending to assault/rape her. As she fights back, her powers re-emerge fully under the stress and she touches him, draining his lifeforce until he is a withered corpse as the other thugs run off. Wolverine arrives to chase them off.

Wolverine: I thought you were cured of being a mutant

Rogue: Evidently not. It didn't last, you can't just stop evolution with a needle Logan. And because they couldn't cure us, they want to kill us.

Wolverine: And not just them (gestures towards the fleeing thugs). There are bigger things to worry about.

A Sentinel rips off the roof of the building...

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10