View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #915
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Easy there. I wasn't attacking you. I just don't see what the big deal is, there isn't really a story there unless you're a die-hard fan looking to tear apart the quotation or use Photoshop to painstakingly and fruitlessly try to edit out the cover and read through to the first page. There is nothing beyond the quotation that a news site could report. It's exciting for fans, boring to ordinary people. "XMDOFP Director Releases Photo of Script cover" doesn't exactly raise eyebrows amongst casual viewers. Every movie has a script, offering photo proof that there is one isn't a big deal. Now if the first 10 pages had been leaked, THAT would've been news worthy.
I didn't think you were attacking me. We just saw it differently.

What I meant is that the cover of the screenplay and that quotation is a factual thing from Singer himself, whereas the Hollywood Reporter (and the sites reporting/twisting what it is reporting) is far more speculative and insubstantial.

I mean, the fact that Joss Whedon handed in his Avengers 2 treatment made major news on some sites today. Uh, yeah, okay, so he handed it in. Yippee! Do I buy fireworks for that celebration?!

I saw the screenplay cover and quote to be indicative of some intelligence in the story and perhaps suggesting the tone or even the theme. Even that somehow seems more solid than this other stuff flying round the net.