View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #925
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
I'm not sure why the Avengers 2 treatment made news either; but then Avengers was such a huge deal that I think just about any news about it, "Avengers 2 hires Joe's Fine Dining to cater the production" will get reported.

But the difference with the photo, and say, casting rumors, is that it's only interesting to geeks who feel like speculating. As a geek myself even *I* am not moved by the photo. Yeah that's great, an interesting quote... now how about a solid plot outline? I'm tired of speculating. The only surefire things we know about the movie so far is that it has robots, time travel, will be shot at least partially in Montreal, and is called Days of Future Past. Even Sir Ian and Sir Patrick, while highly likely, aren't an 100% sure thing. We don't even know if Banshee and Havok will be back or what eras the past and future take place in. Or who the time traveler is, or if there even is one. I'm just so tired of speculating and would love some confirmed answers rather than Singer taking to his twitter and announcing things willy-nilly that aren't necessarily going to happen. Filming begins in less than 4 months, I feel like we should know more about this movie than we do.
I agree and would also love some more confirmed news. The speculation is so exhausting about 'they are ignoring this film', 'they are retconning that part', 'they are including all films in canon', 'this actor won't be back because Bryan doesn't get on with them', 'that actor can't come back because they were killed off', 'that actor can come back even if they are killed off'.

I think we need something more certain. But Fox is probably enjoying the mystery and speculation because it's keeping people chattering on about it.

I'd like to hear who else from the First Class cast is returning. I don't want them to get rid of Banshee, Havok and Emma. And i'm curious as to whether they will keep Moira and perhaps have her living at the mansion after quitting the CIA (didn't the demote her to the typing pool at the end of First Class?)