View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #103
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
He probably doesn't like X3 simply because he didn't direct it but I hope he doesn't completely ignore X3. Even though X3 and XO:Wolverine weren't that great, they should show some respect to those films and not just re-do/completely ignore them.
He tweeted recently that he had a marathon movie session in which he watched all the X-movies. I'd love to have heard his detailed thoughts on that marathon, what he likes, doesn't like, what he would love to improve, etc.

I don't mind if they disregard X3, because an alternate future, or a time traveller who goes from the distant future to a time between X2 and X3 to collect a team before going on to the 60s, gives the ideal opportunity.

But we need to know for sure. If they bring back dead/cured characters, then so be it. I'm not going to have a meltdown. But what I would hope is that the end of the movie leaves potential for more films with some NEW characters, and isn't a difficult ending like SR (where Superman found he had a child)