View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #43
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Or Jonathan Nolan insisted on Catwoman solely because Selina Kyle could play a very important role in Bruce Wayne moving on, and she did help in TDKR.
From the man himself;

Quote:
Why did Jonathan Nolan feel so strongly about including Catwoman? He tells Empire that for their vision of Batman to be complete, they simply couldn't leave her out. "What we're endeavoring to do here is tell a complete take on the Batman mythos. And a complete take of the Batman mythos without the character for me was sacrilegious," Nolan said.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...er-nolan.jhtml

Obviously once they decided to put her in it for the reasons Jonah mentioned, they gave her a purpose in the story.

Quote:
And you also said the character himself(Joker) was a cash cow
He is a cash cow. No denying it. He's almost as iconic as Batman himself.

Quote:
when it was easily Nolan's reputation of The Dark Knight and even Inception that got more people involved into Nolan's filmmaking career, ala TDKR making the money it did.
How much money did Inception make? 825 mil WW. Prior to this, did any movie Nolan made aside from TDK make anything close to that kind of money? No. Because TDK is the movie that put Nolan on the map.

Even when they were promoting Inception, they would use tag lines like "From Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight". I'm not trying to under sell Nolan as a director. I am saying TDK is the movie that made him a household name. It's the movie that made people really take notice of him as a director.

The Dark Knight Rises being a direct sequel to TDK was the best kind of publicity it could have gotten.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote