Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #44
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
From the man himself;

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...er-nolan.jhtml

Obviously once they decided to put her in it for the reasons Jonah mentioned, they gave her a purpose in the story.
Quote:
for their vision of Batman to be complete
So you didn't think to complete Batman's tale, Catwoman had to be there to get him to move on which is what Selina Kyle helped with in TDKR? She's a fantastic love interest as well and that is why she was needed to complete Batman's tale for the Nolans.

Quote:
He is a cash cow. No denying it. He's almost as iconic as Batman himself.
No one is denying this either, but the movie themselves help if they're still good enough or if the director wins the audience over as Christopher Nolan has.

Quote:
How much money did Inception make? 825 mil WW. Prior to this, did any movie Nolan made aside from TDK make anything close to that kind of money? No. Because TDK is the movie that put Nolan on the map.

Even when they were promoting Inception, they would use tag lines like "From Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight". I'm not trying to under sell Nolan as a director. I am saying TDK is the movie that made him a household name. It's the movie that made people really take notice of him as a director.

The Dark Knight Rises being a direct sequel to TDK was the best kind of publicity it could have gotten.
But still, it's the film itself, not just Joker being the villain. As I've already said. But, nevertheless, Inception DID help The Dark Knight Rises, mostly in letting Nolan widen the scope and scale of things as he did with Inception.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote