Thread: Kurse!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #287
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think Loki (and possibly even Thor) knows a helluva lot more about the Cube than what we've seen. Implicitly, this was his "selling point" to Thanos in the first place: he knew what the Cube was, where it was, how to get to it, and how to get it back to Thanos, and offered it in exchange for a conquering army.

Then there's the fact that he was able to harness its power for Selvig (who was able to learn great truths from it) and Hawkeye (who used it to suss out his next target and what he'd need to take him out -- i.e., an eyeball).

Then there's Loki and Thor's little one-on-one conversation on the mountaintop in Avengers, which hints that both Asgardians know full well about the Tesseract's power, and both seem to know full well about who Thanos is and why it's a bad idea to negotiate with him.

As to why Loki doesn't just take the Cube for himself: I think fear motivates him from doing that. Fear of Thanos, on the one hand, and what he will do to him; but also probably fear of the Cube itself, and what it's capable of doing to him.
yeah actually. most definitally