View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #752
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

“In the preview, a voice-over is heard with the oath of the God of Thunder as the new supreme ruler."

...I take that very much to mean that Odin is dead and Thor has inherited the throne of Asgard. Kinda suspected that already: Daddy (and maybe Mommy, too) leave Thor an orphan in this flick.

We see a clash between Thor and the enemy army, in a world that is neither Asgard let alone the Earth

Wish they had a better description of this world. And why they could tell immediately that it was neither Asgard nor Earth.

Against the backdrop of a forest, in the middle of a clearing, among the dust, we in fact face off anthropomorphic creatures, but also a big "gorilla" krosan tusker: a rather alien fauna varies so, although not extreme in size (there are also some envoys/ambassadors of a people mysterious, with oval face and black eyes, elongated and sunken)

I had to look it up. A "krosan tusker" is a warthog-like critter from the card game Magic: The Gathering. Obviously, that's not what the creature actually is in the movie; but I found it vaguely humorous that an Italian brought in a Magic reference.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014