View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #760
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Remember Anthony said he has interaction with Chris Eccleston, Adwale has interaction with him and Renee, possibly with Natalie as well, and I would expect at least one scene with Tom, plus supposedly his trailer was seen at Bourne Woods, and I think it was mentioned being at Greenwich too (could be wrong about that one)... so it can't be that early in the film, if he does die. He also could have simply handed over the reigns to Thor just as he was going to in Thor 1. I think it would be giving away too much in the trailer to have this mean that Odin is dead (and I think this is an indicator that that speech may be early in the film, but doesn't necessarily mean that Odin is dead)
Yeah, you could well be right. We had been talking earlier along the lines of, "what more does Thor have to do to show he is now ready to assume the throne?" And Odin knows he is weakening.

But what a tough way to start off one's reign, with all these troubles underway!

And it has a different implication for a showdown with Malekith on Earth.

So maybe a coronation, if there is one, is later in the film.