View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #761
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Do you think Odin would die early or at the end of the film? End would make more sense to me, tied to the invasion of Surtur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Yeah, you could well be right. We had been talking earlier along the lines of, "what more does Thor have to do to show he is now ready to assume the throne?" And Odin knows he is weakening.

But what a tough way to start off one's reign, with all these troubles underway!

And it has a different implication for a showdown with Malekith on Earth.

So maybe a coronation, if there is one, is later in the film.
I think if they are giving that speech away in the preview now, it likely is early on, and this may explain the lighted hammer he has at Greenwich in some scenes, as maybe an added power, could also explain added power of now being able to open his own portals (IF he has that power now, that is!). I just don't think it's an indicator that Odin is dead early on, since that would seem to be giving away too much in the preview.

However, while it goes along with the Lawden spoiler of why Thor is the one who has to make a "truce" and work with Loki, it does not go along with the idea that Loki is the only one who has access to the other side of Asgard, since it seems like a King Thor should be able to do that.

Quote:
The rest of the images show glimpses of the great palaces of Asgard
Palaces... plural. Hm... I wonder if that actually should be great palaces of the 9 realms, just a mistake by the observing thinking it was all on
Asgard.

Last edited by elizah72; 12-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.