View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Those lines might sounded a little cheesey but I think they were good lines especially "never again" and "mutant and proud".

And don't forget Bryan's X1 had a questionable line too and it was "do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by a lightning" from Storm.
The reason I can't stand them isn't because they are cheesy, it's because they were stolen. I can't stand "buzzwords," which is what they are. "Never again" is a slogan for chrissake. Same thing with "don't ask don't tell" and anything with pride in it, they have political connotations now. I understand that the x-men are supposed to have parallels with minority rights, but please, keep them as parellels. Don't take stuff that's already used. Using buzzwords is just cheap writing. It's my biggest complaint about FC, it is filled with half-baked, pseudo social parellels, and instead of actually exhibiting them, it just talks about them.

Singer used parallels to gay rights also. But he didn't do it in a cheap way, like saying mutant pride and don't ask don't tell, again political buzzwords. He depicted it by having a scene where Bobby "comes out" to his parents. That's what I would rather see in a movie.