View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #112
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I am a bit confused from reading all the conflicting news articles. Are Halle Berry and James Marsden confirmed to be coming back? Or are they just in talks? Or WHAT!

Where did they even get this information from?
It all began with The Hollywood Reporter's piece:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...en-hugh-397995

The piece says: But Halle Berry, James Marsden and other original X-Men are not yet confirmed to come back for a story that will straddle the 1960s setting established in 2011's X-Men: First Class and the future of the original trilogy, where mutants are a hunted minority.

Then many other sites totally distorted it in one of the worst cases of Chinese whispers I have seen.

On the downside, every other report out there is inaccurate and sensationalised and shows that such sites should be avoided if you are looking for accurate reporting. I'm surprised how some of these sites - which I always thought reliable - have proved to be totally unreliable!

On the upside, it's given some publicity to the project and is a good test of whether people want James and Halle back. Although commenters on another comic book movie site have been heavily against the return of Halle, it's notable that virtually no one has said 'but isn't Cyclops dead?'. So the commenters have very short memories or they are just keen to see the character again, regardless.