View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #763
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Remember Anthony said he has interaction with Chris Eccleston, Adwale has interaction with him and Renee, possibly with Natalie as well, and I would expect at least one scene with Tom, plus supposedly his trailer was seen at Bourne Woods, and I think it was mentioned being at Greenwich too (could be wrong about that one)... so it can't be that early in the film, if he does die. He also could have simply handed over the reigns to Thor just as he was going to in Thor 1. I think it would be giving away too much in the trailer to have this mean that Odin is dead (although I think this is an indicator that that speech may be early in the film, but doesn't necessarily mean that Odin is dead)
This is true.
Thor assuming the throne doesn't have to mean Odin's dead; just that there's been a peaceful transfer of power to the heir. Like the original plan in Thor 1.

At any rate, it's safe to say Thor is now the rightful King of Asgard. I still hope he has to make a decision between Asgard and Midgard, though --- all this high fantasy is nice and all, but if he intends to keep his Avengers Membership Card (tm) in good standing, he's going to have to go back to Superhero Thor instead of Norse God Thor.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014