View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #127
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I agree completely. But for some reason, Patrick has gone all defensive about it. And that's the only reason I can think of. That's partly because I've noticed Fox can be a bit over the top and officious at times, making websites take down pictures and script reviews and stuff that is actually promoting a project. Sometimes they need to actually look at the effect of what has been written/said - a lot of the time it's positive and beneficial.
Hmmm it's pretty standard for the studio to control release of information. The studio has a specific marketing/pr plan and the release of casting info ties into that so it should be Fox that decides when info is released (it's their product after all).

There's no reason an actor should take it upon himself to decide when casting announcements should be made and generally only bigger stars make these gaffes because they know they won't be replaced. You'll almost never see a mid level star or no namer make that kind of mistake because they're nervous about breaking their non-disclosure agreements.