View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #764
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
This is true.
Thor assuming the throne doesn't have to mean Odin's dead; just that there's been a peaceful transfer of power to the heir. Like the original plan in Thor 1.

At any rate, it's safe to say Thor is now the rightful King of Asgard. I still hope he has to make a decision between Asgard and Midgard, though --- all this high fantasy is nice and all, but if he intends to keep his Avengers Membership Card (tm) in good standing, he's going to have to go back to Superhero Thor instead of Norse God Thor.
Because...apparently it's impossible for both to exist in the same film.

Really now I'm more concerned about him being too powerful when he goes to fight beside the Avengers and future Thor films. the problem being that nothing will convincingly challenge him from now on.

I think he will have to at some point choose between Midgard and Asgard. Again the theme of "Moral Sacrifice" will certainly be involved and it seems like him having to decide between the defense and needs of Midgard and the defense and needs of Asgard is an issue that his character really needs to deal with at some point, especially if he is King of Asgard. It's like having an American president constantly going over to be sure France is okay.