View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #769
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
I'm guessing Jane will get bored pretty quickly with swanning around in an Asgardian toga. I could see her choosing her career back on earth over a wifey role by Thor's side.

Hope to hear something about Sif's story in the movie.

As for Loki - I like him but I don't want the plot to revolve around him seeking revenge etc. I also really really don't want to see Thor sucked in by Loki's manipulations yet again. Thor at least needs to be shown to have a certain amount of savvy when it comes to being alert to Loki's games. CH said a while ago that he wanted Thor to wise up a bit and not just be a whopping chunk of brainless beefcake.
Yes. Yes. and Yes but I don't think Chris said that exactly. Did he? LOL did you mean this quote?

Quote:
“It’s what I loved about the comics. It was never clean and cut and that’s it. It was always like, Thor would forgive him, they’d be friends, and Loki would betray him again. ‘You idiot, Thor! Again?’ But it was different than your normal good guy, bad guy scenario. They’re brothers, you know? Anyone with siblings understands that. ‘That’s it, I’m never talking to you again… want to play football?’”

“He’s got to apologize, doesn’t he? Baked goods. Muffins or something. That would be a bribe we could start with. Beyond that, I don’t know.”
Well now we know how to apologize to Chris Hemsworth should we ever need to.

Quote:
American Maid: That said, "people being sucked in by Loki's manipulations yet again" summarizes not only much of the Thor comics, but much of the Norse myth as well. So it's hard to get away from that and still be honoring what is canon
True.

Quote:
Yeah, really! Sif and the Warriors Three were all supposed to have expanded roles (Heimdall too!), and yet we hear almost nothing about what will happen with them. What's with that?
I hope they do. Sif and Fandral especially.

This is where the translations are tricky I guess...
Quote:
We see Chris Hemsworth wielding his hammer and Tom Hiddleston as Loki first wounded without a helmet, with long, loose hair and then imprisoned;

another says...
Loki first wounded, imprisoned, undone, very far from the royalty that has so far stood out ...
the top makes it sounds like the promo may be cut to make it look like Thor wounds Loki but I don't think that necessarily true. They've shown them fighting twice, I don't know how many more times they can have Thor kick Loki's butt in the films before it gets too repetitive. (and you'd think Loki would smarten up and not challenge him physically). But it sounds like Loki gets wounded during the course of the film somehow though as he certainly should have recovered completely from the Hulks attacks (especially if his hair has gotten longer), he was pretty much recovered other than some scratches a the end of Avengers. Unless it refers to being emotionally wounded maybe. Which is more what the second translation sounds like.

and another different translation..

Quote:
In between, there are images of an epic battle on horseback, who seems to have left an epic cloak-and-dagger.

or...

In between, we witness the filming of an epic battle, also on horseback, which seems to come from a swashbuckling epic.
Hm.. I'd have loved the cloak and dagger but I think swashbuckling sounds more the thing.. and certainly Fandral should be involved in some of that! lol

Random thought, I wonder if Jane knows how to ride a horse?

Last edited by elizah72; 12-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.