View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #771
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Do you think Odin would die early or at the end of the film? End would make more sense to me, tied to the invasion of Surtur.
IF Odin is to die. That's what I would think. Not too sure though, Odin was going to hand the throne to thor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Remember Anthony said he has interaction with Chris Eccleston, Adwale has interaction with him and Renee, possibly with Natalie as well, and I would expect at least one scene with Tom, plus supposedly his trailer was seen at Bourne Woods, and I think it was mentioned being at Greenwich too (could be wrong about that one)... so it can't be that early in the film, if he does die. He also could have simply handed over the reigns to Thor just as he was going to in Thor 1. I think it would be giving away too much in the trailer to have this mean that Odin is dead (although I think this is an indicator that that speech may be early in the film, but doesn't necessarily mean that Odin is dead)

this could actually refer to the Dark Elves without the masks, Malekith had dots around his eyes, indicating there will probably be some CGI involved with the eyes, and as we've seen with Malekith, they are pale white... Or possibly the light Elves, but they'll have to make them look different enough from the Dark Elves.
Yeah. Odin may die, he may not. IF Odin is dead, I think it will be at the end, due to surtur, resulting in thor's crowning, here's why.

That theme of moral sacrifice. Thor leaving asgard for earth? That theme most likely has to be felt through out the movie. if Odin dies, this means Thor inherits the throne at the end. I don't think Thor will abandon Asgard after his father got killed, at the end of the movie. Asgard is possibly damaged, Odin is dead, its his world now. He wouldn't leave it.

Which leaves me with two ideas, one, the moral sacrifice happens earlier in the film, he abandons asgard earlier on, and there are mild reprocussions for it. Movie goes on, ultimately odin dies, thor is king, and now will stay in asgard till avengers 2.

OR this is a bit twisty, but hear me out. What if Thor's moral sacrifice is abandoning midgard, not asgard? We KNOW he loves earth. What if, while he is on earth, he makes a vow not to leave, and to protect earth. However, Odin dies, and Thor KNOWS he needs to return to Asgard where he is needed. Leaving behind a world he swore to protect? That could be one way to impliment moral sacrifice.

If Thor becomes king in this movie, it seems more cinematic for it to happen at the end. Who knows, maybe the surtur arc will be completed in this movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
This is true.
Thor assuming the throne doesn't have to mean Odin's dead; just that there's been a peaceful transfer of power to the heir. Like the original plan in Thor 1.

At any rate, it's safe to say Thor is now the rightful King of Asgard. I still hope he has to make a decision between Asgard and Midgard, though --- all this high fantasy is nice and all, but if he intends to keep his Avengers Membership Card (tm) in good standing, he's going to have to go back to Superhero Thor instead of Norse God Thor.
Not gunna lie. I prefer the norse god Thor. Meaning thor dealing with asgardian things

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Because...apparently it's impossible for both to exist in the same film.

Really now I'm more concerned about him being too powerful when he goes to fight beside the Avengers and future Thor films. the problem being that nothing will convincingly challenge him from now on.

I think he will have to at some point choose between Midgard and Asgard. Again the theme of "Moral Sacrifice" will certainly be involved and it seems like him having to decide between the defense and needs of Midgard and the defense and needs of Asgard is an issue that his character really needs to deal with at some point, especially if he is King of Asgard. It's like having an American president constantly going over to be sure France is okay.
I have no problem with thor being more powerful (that's assuming he even inherits the odinforce) we don't even know if it has that quality to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Ha! Probably not. She's not all that good at driving a car--lol!
not her, all women can't drive :P

I KID I KID, had to pull that joke out :S