View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #128
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
totally agree.

Thats why at least 60% of the screentime should be for the FC cast.

I dont understand why some fans can see that 40 minutes for original cast is plenty of time to show them all in full potential.

Just go back to any of the original movies, and see all the scenes that enter on those 40 minutes.
I think people's enthusiasm for the original cast is obvious. And there isn't as much enthusiasm for the actors who played Havok, Banshee, Emma, etc.

So DoFP has to do a very good balancing act, because as much as people want all their old favourites back, Singer can't just sweep aside Emma, Banshee and Havok (and possibly Moira), with no explanation.

I want to see Havok, Banshee, Emma (and maybe Moira) again, as well as seeing the old favourites.

It will be interesting to see how Singer/Kinberg/Donner handle this. Obviously, some characters are going to have to be dropped from the First Class series and the Original Trilogy. They can't squeeze them all in. And what about new characters? At some point it would be nice to see Sinister, Apocalypse, Polaris, Psylocke, Sunfire, etc. They need to map out the next few films to decide how and when characters will appear.