View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #347
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Okay so some thoughts on the promo trailer summaries....

creatures that are pale with black elongated and sunken eyes: probably Dark Elves without the masks. We saw Malekith at Greenwich with some dots around his eyes indicating there may be some CGI to do with the eyes, and he was certainly pale (at least on one side...)

The clash with the enemy army that is neither Earth nor Asgard is likely Thor vs Dark Elves on Svartalfheim, which was rumored to be filmed in Iceland.

The voice over at the beginning of Thor becoming King as was discussed in the other thread, could mean that Odin dies, or it may not. It may simply be another coronation as was done at the beginning of Thor 1 (lets hope it doesn't get interrupted again! lol) . As I pointed out elsewhere, Odin/Anthony seems to have quite a bit to do in the film (scenes with different actors), despite him saying he wasn't in it much, so I doubt it's early on if he does die. However I DO think the fact that they released that in the promo indicates that it is early on that the coronation happens again, otherwise I think it's revealing too much in the trailer. But I could be wrong.

The promo description sounds like lots of angry, irrational, furious, "bag of cats" Loki... me thinks this is a bit of a mislead by the editors of what's to come, since showing anything else would again, be giving too much away, but we shall see.

Regarding him being wounded, the description above makes it sound like Thor wounds him physically, and he should be over the Hulk smashing, but I found an alternate review interpretation on one of those pages which would indicate we'd see him more "emotionally" wounded, which makes sense too.

"Loki first wounded, imprisoned, undone, very far from the royalty that has so far stood out ... "

(yeah, yeah... jaqua99 I know what you are thinkin' )

That page also had an alternate interpretation of this line...
"In between, there are images of an epic battle on horseback, who seems to have left an epic cloak-and-dagger. "

instead they have...

"In between, we witness the filming of an epic battle, also on horseback, which seems to come from a swashbuckling epic. "

I think of Cloak and Dagger and Swashbuckling as two different things, so... I think swashbuckling is more likely though I wouldn't mind some cloak and dagger too. Can somebody say, bring it on Fandral?!

"The rest of the images show glimpses of the great palaces of Asgard"

as I mentioned elsewhere, palaces plural, and since I don't think they necessarily have a ton of palaces on Asgard, I suspect this actually refers to showing different palaces in the 9 realms, which is exciting if correct.

PS: I want to see lots of worlds!

"a black spaceship looks like a threat to Asgard." Well, I was plenty skeptical of the whole idea of having a spaceship crash into a (probably Odin's) palace (as tweeted by a stuntman a while back) but this certainly sounds like it may be true. Hm. and there was some reports that the Dark Elves crash land in Greenwich. But how many times can they crash land their ships in one film? Besides the fact that I know you guys have said that they are not particularly technically advanced, though I suppose they could have spent the years collecting and building up technology, if Malekith believed the day would come when Odin and the Asgardians may be weakened enough for them to take advantage.

"we see the feverish fight scenes involve Thor and an enemy army, and who might remember the atmosphere of a game of Thrones or some war predicaments of the Star Wars Saga. Against the backdrop of a forest, in the middle of a clearing, among the dust, we in fact face off anthropomorphic creatures, but also a big "gorilla" krosan tusker: a rather alien fauna varies so, although not extreme in size."

So this and the swashbuckling horseback fights certainly points to Bourne Woods, which we are quite certain now are not Dark Elves (unless they are in the armor, which seems very doubtful). I am still thinking the Vanir for the horseback horned helmet warriors, and as for the other creatures I was supposing there may be an attack on Nornheim, but it may instead be that the Vanir have added to their army these creatures and other nasty looking warriors to fight the Asgardians. Like with the Dark Elves, probably seeing that the Asgardians and Odin are at a weak point, and trying to take advantage of it. Or perhaps trying to take advantage of a new and unchallenged King Thor.

"[Jane] then alongside Thor lying on the ground, probably overwhelmed in a clash.

Now if they do yet another Thor "dies" and Jane rushes over to him crying and suddenly he gets up and is ok and saves the day AGAIN?! Well now that is repetitious and boring.

I like this. And it does seem likely with Odin off the throne, it may give the appearance of a weakened asgard, or hell, Oh oh, what if Odin hands the throne over to Thor, and at the end of the movie, Thor abandons it for midgard!? THAT could be a moral sacrifice, cause he is not only abandoning Agard, he is abandoning the realm he is ruling over. Then Odin ends back on throne at the end of the movie. After credit, surtur. 3rd movie, Odin gets killed in battle, and Thor HAS to take over the throne now, as Asgard could be destroyed with out his help. That is one way I could see it happening, him giving up his position as king to defend midgard.

And as for the part I bolded, literally lol'd for a good 2 minutes.

Here is something I have pondered, a possible goof. How many times has Thor been to Earth? is being there once really enough to determine that earth is "the world I love" (as he says when talking to Loki)

Here is the goof I think. Thor says to fury, in my first time coming to earth, Loki's rage has followed me here, and now again.

HOWEVER, in the first movie when they are trying to go to jotenheim, fandral says to thor "This isn't like a journey to earth, where you summon a little thunder and lightning and the mortals worship you as a god, this is jotenheim"

Despite what Thor said in the avengers, it seems like he has indeed been on earth before, probably in more ancient times? Then why say he's only been there twice? Unless he was probably just talking about what fury could refer to.

actually he HAD to have been on earth before. he EXISTS in the MCU. and in MCU, there are tales of him in ancient times, so what fandral said, and the fact that some norse people worship him, he MUST have been on earth multiple times before Thor 1, and the avengers, right?