View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #349
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
PS: I want to see lots of worlds!
Me too!!

Quote:
"[Jane] then alongside Thor lying on the ground, probably overwhelmed in a clash.

Now if they do yet another Thor "dies" and Jane rushes over to him crying and suddenly he gets up and is ok and saves the day AGAIN?! Well now that is repetitious and boring.
Yeah, I don't think it's as it appears for that very reason. Now, maybe Jane is grieviously wounded (a lot more likely, given the circumstances), and they get to turn that scene on its head ("It's over"/"It's not over"), or maybe this is just some intermediate blast, everyone is fine, and they'll get up and run to the next thing in a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I like this. And it does seem likely with Odin off the throne, it may give the appearance of a weakened asgard, or hell, Oh oh, what if Odin hands the throne over to Thor, and at the end of the movie, Thor abandons it for midgard!? THAT could be a moral sacrifice, cause he is not only abandoning Agard, he is abandoning the realm he is ruling over. Then Odin ends back on throne at the end of the movie. After credit, surtur. 3rd movie, Odin gets killed in battle, and Thor HAS to take over the throne now, as Asgard could be destroyed with out his help. That is one way I could see it happening, him giving up his position as king to defend midgard.
He would not have legitimacy to rule Asgard in that event. The Asgardians would not accept him as king if he abandoned them once. imo.

Quote:
But how many times can they crash land their ships in one film?
Quote:
And as for the part I bolded, literally lol'd for a good 2 minutes.
Quote:
As AM said a while back, the dark elves are apparently crappy pilots... maybe they learned to fly the same place Jane learned to drive?
hahahaha You guys are too quick for me. Actually, I was going to say in response, "How many times can a woman hit a man with her car?" (Choose your words wisely, Jon Aqua.)

Quote:
Here is something I have pondered, a possible goof. How many times has Thor been to Earth? is being there once really enough to determine that earth is "the world I love" (as he says when talking to Loki)

Here is the goof I think. Thor says to fury, in my first time coming to earth, Loki's rage has followed me here, and now again.

HOWEVER, in the first movie when they are trying to go to jotenheim, fandral says to thor "This isn't like a journey to earth, where you summon a little thunder and lightning and the mortals worship you as a god, this is jotenheim"

Despite what Thor said in the avengers, it seems like he has indeed been on earth before, probably in more ancient times? Then why say he's only been there twice? Unless he was probably just talking about what fury could refer to.

actually he HAD to have been on earth before. he EXISTS in the MCU. and in MCU, there are tales of him in ancient times, so what fandral said, and the fact that some norse people worship him, he MUST have been on earth multiple times before Thor 1, and the avengers, right?
Quote:
yup. that would appear to be a goof all right. He's definitely been here before that, he may have only been referring to what Fury knows I suppose. But then if Thor is in Earth's Norse mythology then Fury and Coulson certainly should know that (BW knew it) , and then one of them should have said, what about these stories?!?! So... yeah... goof. Bad Joss Whedon! Bad!
Yes, absolutely. It's a goof. Whedon may have been trying to tie the movies together with that line.

But Thor also says, "In my youth, I courted war." In his youth, which was one year prior

Actually, the first time I saw Thor1, at the scene where Thor first kisses her hand (in town, when Selvig has talked her out of helping him), my first thought was to shake Jane's shoulders and say, "Jane! Wake up! This is not the first time he's been to Earth!"

But the whole premise is that these Asgardians really have been to Earth, and that was the foundation for these stories. Another goof, from Thor1, is that Thor and Loki are supposed to have been born in the mid-900's CE. But the Norse myths go back to the first century CE at least. So how could the Midgardians know about Thor (and his cohort) before Thor was born? Another oops.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote