View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #486
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
It still focused on the main guy. They just didn't have a bloated origin story to go through with him. It was all about repercussions of Batman on Gotham. They continued with the stuff Begins set up. Escalation, the mob, the Joker card guy, a new D.A. to replace the one who was killed, a new mob guy filling in for Falcone, Rachel's word to Bruce about 'em being together one day and so on so on.

Felt like a true sequel in every way. The best.
Exactly. It took more plot threads seen in Begins and developed on them further. The best kind of sequels do that, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Superficial things. Bringing back Wayne Manor, Fredericks, mentioning parents. Big whoop. That's like saying it felt like a sequel to TDK just cos the Bat-Pod, the Mayor and the Bat-bunker was brought back, too.
Well to me little touches like that do make the movies feel connected. You bring back some of the furniture from previous movies and it makes it all feel like it's in the same world.

I liked seeing Fredericks, Mayor Garcia, the Bat-Bunker etc back again. Brief as they were, it was good. Heck I even loved seeing Senator Patrick Leahy there for another cameo. He could still be playing the same character, too, because for all we know he was the same W.E. guy at the party Bruce threw for Dent.

- The Joker