View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Early box-office predictions

In order to make realistic predictions*, we really need to see more footage from the film. After they release at least a teaser trailer, which should hit at Super Bowl time, we'll get a firmer idea of the film's plot, appeal and overall quality.

Having said that, I would guess that TDW will make at least TASM numbers WW. Thor is coming off major exposure in his own film and The Avengers, and Chris Hemsworth has also had a stellar couple of years which will continue next year with a few more films before TDW comes out. Who knows, maybe the after-credits scene in Iron Man 3 might be used to promote TDW, too. Marvel has developed a very slick co-marketing strategy that establishes synergy across its shared universe, with each movie serving to promote the others. The MCU is roaring down the tracks like a runaway freight train, gathering momentum with each new film. With a good push from IM3 and excellent marketing, Thor:TDW could barrel through the cineplexes raking in the dough.

* Yes, I know it's all still wild-ass guessing no matter how much information we have. But the more we know, the less wild it becomes. I think.

Last edited by xeno000; 12-07-2012 at 10:58 PM.