View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #58
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: BATMAN REBOOT: your personal preferences?

I really think a reboot will be forever in the Nolan shadow, at least for several installments, just because Nolan got almost every single thing right.

If it were to happen--and it will--the best way to do it, IMO, is just to embrace the comic book material a little more and unlike Nolan or Burton, start with a Batman who is well established. Sort of like TAS.

Film 1: Batman has been doing this for at least 5 years and Robin/Dick Grayson is alluded to be away at college during whatever adventure.

Film 2: Introduce Robin with flashbacks as to how he became part of Bruce's team, while conveniently skipping Robin as a child helping.

Film 3: Open it up and make it more like Gotham Knights. Robin becomes Nightwing, introduce Barbara Gordon (whether you call her Batgirl or combine her with Huntress's namesake which is far less cheesy, either works for me), etc.

And keep going after 3. Don't end on a trilogy. I won't name villains, because I think Nolan used all the best ones save for Harley Quinn. I suppose you can use more of the fantastical villains like Killer Croc or Clayface, but to me that's like using Electro instead of Doc Ock or Green Goblin because the guy before you got there first. It is the problem with rushing a reboot, in my opinion.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote