View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #492
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregComicFan View Post
-We never see GCPD actively hunting down/investigating Batman/Bruce.
-We never get to see Commissioner Gordon leading the task force to take down Batman; meanwhile, Gordon is assisting Batman to NOT be caught.
-We never see citizen's reactions to "Batman as a villain" and what criminals thought of it
-I don't buy that no other members of the Rogue's gallery pop up.

In hindsight, I just don't buy that NOTHING happened in Gotham in-between TDK and TDKR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregComicFan View Post
Exactly. Excellent post.

For all the times Nolan talked about the 8-year-gap being necessary to show that Dent's death had an impact on Gotham, TDKR has so many inconsistencies with TDK's ending. Most of those inconsistencies have to do with Batman. He's supposed to be a crazed criminal now... but we never get to see cops hunting/hating him, citizens fearing him, and criminals thinking "wow, Batman really is knocking off criminals!"...

That's why I just feel like there should of been a third movie in-between TDK and TDKR... or TDKR, the final film, should have been a 2-part film... like Potter and Twilight did on their final films.
But why? You may have desired more, but there's no other Rogues present or necessary enough to justify his existence during that time. The only reason he comes back in TDKR is because of some underground masked brute he hears about.

Outside of Penguin or Riddler, who IMO, aren't strong enough threats on the level of Ras, The Joker or Bane, who else was going to show up? Who else would be that threatening? And more importantly, who else would be threatening on the level of the previous three villains, and still work within Nolan's vision?

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-08-2012 at 01:00 AM.