View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #148
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/04/pa...sure-of-a-man/

Before I let you go, I also wanted to ask very quickly about Bryan Singerís announcement that you and Sir Ian McKellen will be reprising your roles as Professor X and Magneto in the next X-Men movie, Days of Futures Past. How did that all happen?
[Pause] I have no idea what youíre talking about.
Oh really?
Yeah.

Huh. Because Bryan Singer said on TwitterÖ
I know, I know. Iím taking the piss out of you. Bryan let the cat out of the bag on Twitter, and it included announcing that Sir Ian and myself were going to be in this movie. We are, you know, under contractual oath with 20th Century Fox to say nothing about any prospective X-Men movie including the old team. I use ďoldĒ advisedly.
So itís a kind of awkward position, because lovely Bryan Singer just blurted it all out there. For me the big thrill is knowing that Bryan Singer is attached to this movie, because not only is he a brilliant director, but also I adore him and hope that it might be true and that we do work together at some point in the future. But Iím not being coy. I know nothing about this project. And Iím hoping that might change in the future.

Other than the fact that youíre doing it?
I donít know that weíre doing it. I have not signed a contract yet. I know there is a project in development, but we have no dates. No detailed casting. Thrilled to hear that my dear friend and colleague Ian McKellen is on board, but Iím sorry, you know, you need to understand, Iím not being cute. I know nothing.