View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #956
Mike22
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I'm curious, do you think Supes escapes custody at some point, or do the higher-ups in the military decide to let him leave. The only way I could see the military letting go of a super powerful asset/ally/potential threat in their posession is if Zod is on the verge of completely subjugating the earh, thus forcing them to let Supes leave willingly to engage the global threat. Otherwise, I think the militry in all their paranoia would never let him leave; not that they could really stop him if he chose to do so.
Interesting post, and something that probably has occurred to all ( except the brilliant "why doesn't he just break the cuffs" people) who first saw the picture.
Superman willingly following is a great way to show sincerity in his actions, and just conveying that he's a law abiding individual.
The question of whether he escapes or not is IMO closely linked to the time of his so called capture. If he feels that time is on his side and he tries to reason with them and explaining his intentions, then that process might take a little bit of time, with Zod and his soldiers carefully paying attention to how they react to such a visitor with that kind of power, this is an origin movie after all.

Or he's "captured" later in the movie after he and Zod go all out and cause a tremendous amount of damage and he eventually breaks out and proves once and for all what side he's on.
Both versions could work.