View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #805
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
God, I sure hope Thor doesn't choose Asgard over Midgard. That would throw a huge monkey wrench into the Avengers. Thor is an integral part of the Big Three (in the MCU, it seems to be more of a Big Four) in the Avengers, and I can guarantee that *nobody* out there, fanboy or casual, wants to see Thor leave the Avengers.

And just having Thor "drop in" from Asgard from time to time to help the Avengers with the really heavy lifting makes Thor look like a douche, who just slums with us puny mortals whenever we're too weak to handle things on our own.

The central theme of Thor comics has always been that he is more in touch with Midgard than Asgard, that he feels more of a connection with mortals than immortals. He is one of EARTH'S Mightiest Heroes, and he needs to stay here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I agree 100%, I mean Asgard is his home and he feels an obligation to it, but I think his heart very much belongs to Earth.

Surfer
I think I also prefer Thor having a closer connection to Midgard. I haven't read the books where he is more focused on Asgard, though, so I am open to revisiting this idea once I've had a chance to go through them.

So if Thor becomes king in this film, doesn't that make it harder for him to be as involved in what's going on on Midgard or to participate in the Avengers? For these reasons, I had assumed that they would not crown him any time soon. But the report on the footage shown in Italy suggests they will after all. So now I don't know what to make of it.