View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #806
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I think I also prefer Thor having a closer connection to Midgard. I haven't read the books where he is more focused on Asgard, though, so I am open to revisiting this idea once I've had a chance to go through them.

So if Thor becomes king in this film, doesn't that make it harder for him to be as involved in what's going on on Midgard or to participate in the Avengers? For these reasons, I had assumed that they would not crown him any time soon. But the report on the footage shown in Italy suggests they will after all. So now I don't know what to make of it.
As some of you have pointed out, that hint about "moral sacrifice" probably plays a huge role in Thor's choices. I suspect he becomes king almost immediately in the movie (unless Odin dies, in which case the story will likely take a different turn): he and Loki return to Asgard, Loki gets tried and convicted for his crimes, and Odin agrees that Thor has finally matured enough to assume the throne. And then later in the film, Thor will have to choose between ruling Asgard or staying on Earth, and I think it's pretty clear that he chooses the latter. (Confirmation that the movie begins and ends on Earth is proof enough of that.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014