View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #194
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen Return for Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
LOL! I hope he doesn't repeat what he did on Superman Returns, because if DOFP turned out to be a not-so-great movie because of trying to ignore the bad films and trying to make the movie a homage sequel to the first two movies then it would be like, he didn't learn anything from the mistake that he did with Superman Returns.

I think if the 2006 Superman film was a reboot, it would have been more successful. People wouldn't be confused and have a reaction like "what? is this a sequel for Superman II, a movie that was released more than 20 years ago?". It would have given the movie a clean slate.
It would have had to have been a very different film if it was a reboot, I think. I went in thinking it was a whole new film with a couple of nods to the old movies so I was very confused as to how Lois got pregnant considering she didn't seem to even LIKE Clark or Superman let alone know they were the same person.... and if it was a sequel to SII, didn't she lose her memory of everything with the SuperKiss? So how would she remember sleeping with Superman but conveniently forgetting the part where he told her who he was.... aughh that movie.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote