View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #49
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Uncanny Plot Similarities between The Dark Knight Rises & Batman Begins (SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
It reminds me more of how the rejected script for Michael Bay's upcoming TMNT movie was basically Transformers with turtles instead of robots.

The difference is these two movies are IN THE SAME SERIES!

TDKR was good, but a HUGE disappointment, simply because of Nolan and Goyer's laziness (it's more Goyer's fault that Nolan's, as he did the story for all three films). It was EMBARRASSINGLY lazy when you really think about it.
I don't think I'd call it embarrassingly lazy overall, but several parts of the script are very lazily written, and there is a lot of rehashing of old plot lines, and sloppy execution of others. But then there is some scenes that are very well written. It's jarring because you get glimpses of the potentially great movie we could have had on par with TDK or even BB.

It's definitely the weakest script of the trilogy, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Quoted for truth.
Its nonsense that anyone that loved the first 2 films would want the last one to fail. Why would they? Yet some on the board say people are hating to hating. Ya, maybe there are, but they are probably just trolling. There is no way that I personally wanted this film to fail to live up to my expectations, but in the end it did and hard.
Exactly.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote