View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #35
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Actually they don't need to bring back Magneto and Professor X for X4 as they were already two of the main characters of the original trilogy. So I would like them to take a break for a while.

The X-Men will continue without Professor X. The X-Men will face a new group of evil mutants. For me Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore and Ben Foster are the only ones that has to comeback for X-Men 4. I would give Angel and Colossus more character development so the audience would know them more. I would bring back Rogue's power and she'd super strong just like in the comics. Storm and Wolverine would be the leaders of the X-Men just like in X3. I would add Psylocke as the latest addition to the X-Men. Apocalypse would be the protagonist for the movie and he could be the main villain for X5 and X6 too. X4, X5 and X6 should be the next phase for the X-Men movie series.

First phase- X1, X2, X3 (the original trilogy)
Second phase- XOW, XFC, TW, XDOFP (spin-offs)
Third phase- X4, X5, X6 (continuation of the original cast)
I like the idea of continuing the original cast but I think blueserenity is right with the age thing. Although Halle, Hugh, Famke, James etc all look good for their ages they are beginning to push 50.

I think they should continue the First Class series after DoFP but put in on hiatus for a while. After DoFP they should have an X4 and X5 shot back to back like they're doing with the hobbit. They should bring everyone from the original cast back and it should focus on Apocalypse then that should be the final outing for the original cast then have a first class sequel. It would allow time for the FC actors to get older and so if the FC sequel was set in the eighties we could have young storm, jean, scott. And it allows for the FC actors to pursue other projects before returning to X-Men.

So my take would be

Phase 1: X1, X2, X3, XOW
Phase 2: XFC, TW, DOFP
Phase 3: X4. X5
Phase 4: FC2 and all its subsequent sequels.

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote