View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #53
BenKenobi
Banned User

Default Re: The Anti-Prequel Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
You talking about the Tusken camp or the younglings? If its the former, you can imagine Anakin had some prejudices against the Tuskens from a young age. Probablly instilled by his mom/Watto/Watto's clientele and other slaves. Killing his mom caused him to act on that prejudice.

If its the younglings, look at the Tusken slaughter. Its an escalation from that.
The thing is Anakin thinks what he's doing is right and good and he kills a bunch of kids. It's just showing huge stupidity that darth vader did not have. I mean the idea that Anakin was just kind of tricked into joining the dark side doesn't line up with what we had in the originals.

The prequels frustrate me and most other people so much because there are SO many great ideas that are just executed horribly. For one thing the opening of Revenge of the Sith is a great example. The movie begins with the last of the lighthearted adventures of Obi-Wan and Anakin but then suddenly shifts to the place Luke found himself in AT THE END of Jedi. We can't feel the power of the situation when Anakin kills a character that we barely know.

The prequels really shouldn't have tried to hide Palpatine was Sidious, it would have made him a bit scarier and made the scenes he's in with the heroes a bit more poignant. Not only that there should have been one antagonist we follow through Episodes I and II, that way Anakin ultimately murders him in III we feel the power of the decision he has just made the way we would have if Luke killed Vader in Jedi. The opening really should have just been happy upbeat music jokes and Obi-Wan and Anakin on a fun adventure we can put our hearts into. Not cutting the music until we reach the captive palpatine to build tension bring the audience back into reality a bit and show them that the happy duo have unwittingly walked into satans chambers. Little things like that would have gone a long way in making the movie better.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote