Originally Posted by Angamb
I find a bit sad that you guys cant see the real potential of the First Class series.
(I know, X4 has a huge potential too, none will deny that)
Just follow these little steps:
- Remember quickly the comics from the 60's, 70's and 80's and those plots, villains and all.
- Now imagine teen Cyclops and Jean joining Beast, Havok and Banshee, more Charles...
- Then imagine teen Storm in the mix too.
- Now a villain like Mr. Sinister and Maradeurs capturing Cyclops and Jean and the x-men fighting with him.
- then add a few cameos/secondary roles here and there like Polaris, Sunfire, Dazzler...
- then another sequel telling the Mutant Massacre. Gambit in the mix maybe. And Scott, Jean and Storm a bit older, naturally.
- Imagine ALL of this in a total of four movies, with the special effects of 21 century, with Singer.
And now tell me this wont be an amazing series.
seriously. does this have a huge potential? (appart from X4). Just answer this question, please
That's not the point. I'm not saying that it couldn't produce great results, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the universe right now. You can't keep making films in the past when the rest of your universe is set in the present. DOFP is probably going to retcon a lot of things from the previous films (like dead Charles, Scott, and Jean) and I just don't see how the past fits into that. I say they should just keep moving forward. Yeah it's a shame losing all those rising stars but it might just be necessary to move forward right now.
Only way I see you getting your wish is if DOFP doesn't necessarily retcon the set future but instead creates a new timeline for the past...like one of those stories where changing the past doesn't actually change the future but sets the world down a new path, like Steins;Gate if you watch anime. From that they could make it where the only way the series can continue is from the past. My problem is that even then Fassbender and McAvoy are too young to be the Magneto and Professor X that meet Jean and Scott. There's also the issue of Wolverine. His individual stories can take place whenever but it would be redundant to have to introduce his past self to the X-Men again.