View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #92
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I'm a bit confused. You think the claim is laughable, but then go on to say it's a good possibility.
He's saying its going to be a 100% fail no mater what and I'm saying its all about the execution.

The whole thing kind of reminds me of the pre-Thor chatter. Some people where saying if Thor spins his hammer in order to take off and fly that it would look silly and shouldn't be included in the movie. They would say it with absolute conviction. It got so hyperbolic that people would started saying it as if it was included that there would be a 100% chance that the movie would fail. It looks like its happening again with the Rescue Armor. It's the 100% automatic fail talk that turns me off. From my point of view its all about the execution of introducing the Armor and not the Armor it self. It may look silly to some people but if executed right it might be awesome.

Example:
The comic book X-men are more popular than comic book Avengers but the movie Avengers are more popular than the movie X-men. The reason for that is because the Avengers movie was executed better than the X-men movies. There where also so people saying the Avenger would fail because all the heroes would look so out of place together. The movie ended up being executed so well that no one in the GA cared that the team consisted of a World War 2 super soldier and a Norse God and that it was set in the present day.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 12-08-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote