View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #59
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
of course X4 would do more. I doubt anyone will deny that.

but on the other side, we have to take into account that the very first movie of a new series, like FC with a totally new cast, wont make the same money as a previous sequel.

So each sequel would bring more money to Fox, so maybe by the time they do the third part, that sequel could get.... who knows? probably between 700-600 millions.

the cast would be joined with new actors, probably a well known actor for a new villain, some new talented young actors that could become popular by that time, we really dont know what will happen with the new actors.

at the same time, both Fassbender and Jennifer will be even bigger in three years, so all of this together could bring a huge sequel. no need for a bilion worldwide, just a bigger sequel than X3.

right now DOFP will be the biggest sequel to date. thats for sure. but FC sequels can bring money to Fox too in a long run.
I'm not even sure if DOFP is going to be that big at the box-office even if the movie will feature Ian, Patrick and Hugh. Then what about if they release another movie with just the cast of X-Men: First Class. A First Class 2 movie and 3 and 4 would be great to watch especially for X-Men fans like us. But financially, I don't think its a good idea. If they are gonna release a movie, it should be the one that would truly sell and appeal to a bigger audience. Look at the Fast and Furious franchise. When they brought back the original cast for the 4th movie, it was a huge success compare to the third movie (that didn't have the cast of the first two movies). Then the sequel after the 4th movie became even bigger and earned more than 600 million at worldwide box-office.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote