View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
But then couldn't Winter Soldier be used as the Lead villain for this film?
Have Crossbones be reporting to someone, but his doing all the dirty work.
And Zemo not actually coming into action in this film... Instead this film could reveal Zemo as simply a very successful engineer, who becomes a villain out of honor, duty and respect to his family name when he finds out Cap is alive. Makes it a priority to kill Cap, so he sends out Winter Soldier capture Cap. Kinda his own personal touch, given the history between the two.

When Winter Soldier fails, he sends out Crossbones, which could lead to a Winter Soldier vs Cap vs Crossbones scenario. Leaving WS and CB as the primary villains of this film, with Zemo as the man pulling the strings.

CAP 3, is where we get to see Zemo confronting Cap. Then we get Zemo as the primary villain.
I see Zemo ultimately being the one pulling the strings here, definitely, but I don't think he needs to be a shadow character being saved for Cap 3. The movie would work well enough with Zemo as the chief villain, Crossbones as the chief hench, and Winter Soldier as the reformed "villain" who has to be de-programmed by Cap 'n' Friends.

I'd rather reserve Cap 3 for Skully's inevitable return to the modern world.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014