View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #210
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Heres the thing.Creating a world that has superheros running around for a while is not hard.The Incredibles did it in one go.I say set the Justice league in a time where superheroes are the norm-the advantage is that it does away the need for origins just like it did in incredibles.That doesnt mean superheroes are embraced though people still fear them,a fear the Hyperclan can exploit.
Origins would probably be saved for the possible solo movies, but I don't think it has to go as far as superheroes being the norm. As it was mentioned upthread, the New 52 shows the superheroes slowly emerging and being feared by the public. If this movie ties in with "Man of Steel" then he was the first emergence of a superhero, and the public was fearful of him, and after that, suddenly they start getting reports of other emerging superheroes. The New 52 started at a good point where there are reports of superheroes but I think the JL movie should show a little bit more, show the individual heroes in their cities doing what they do even if briefly, and show the reaction in these cities to their appearances. Maybe the sudden emergence of these heroes and the more public exposure of them is because there is the looming threat of Darkseid, and there are incidents occurring around the world because of his doing.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote