View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #72
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
that's the issue.

to see a whole series since the 60's to the 80's is a too good idea to forget it now, with such a great beggining.

Guys, believe me, two series at the same time would be a smart move and WOULD WORK. They are two totally different cast, so the general audience wont see it as repetitive. and by the time young Scott and Jean are introduced in the past, X-men 5 probably wouldnt have Jean anymore, or Beast.

The problem Fox had in the past is that they DIDNT see the huge potencial of the x-men franchise. Now its Time to really go ill FULL Force.

And IF one day one sequel recieves less than 400$ millions worlwide, they can stop that series on that right moment.

But to stop it now would be a really wrong decision.
I really don't know about two different series running at the same time though.

One way round that would be to merge the original trilogy actors and the First Class actors, perhaps by bringing the best First Class characters/actors into the future by time travel.

But that then gets rid of the past altogether, and still leaves 30 years of characters/events we know nothing about. Okay, so we have already seen Scott recruited (at the end of of XMO: Wolverine), we have already seen Jean recruited (in The Last Stand), and was that Storm in one of the cages at Stryker's base on Three Mile Island? If they're ignoring those films, then those events don't come into it though. And three decades of backstory is a long time and it should be addressed somewhere - even if they just did an animated series or comic book series to fill in the gaps (although Fox has no control over X-Men comics or TV).

If I was Fox, or Singer and the producers and writers, I would be having serious meetings about this and where the franchise goes next. Which original actors want to come back? Maybe some of them don't? What team(s) do they want to see in future films? What stories do they want to tell? Which characters do they want to include? They then have to make sure the ending of DoFP leaves the door open for these ideas.