View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #78
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
so this has become into "the idea that will bring more money is the best option"

If that's the point, there is no need to discussing anymore, you know.
Well you have to remember that these movies has to sell because if not, they could just put any characters and movies they want. The Deadpool movie would be released by now if they aren't considering the box-office performance of the movie but they actually do. Like I said, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen wouldn't return for this movie if it wasn't for The Avengers. The Avengers made a lot of money and now FOX wants to have that same level of success and they are even talks about the Fantastic Four reboot having a cross-over movie with X-Men.

Plus if the First Class sequels you are asking for didn't perform so well at the box-office, it would ruin this movie series, FOX might stop making more X-Men movies. Like X-Men First Class, it would be seen as a flop, the lowest grossing X-Men film yet and it would look like FOX aren't doing their best to get this franchise to reach its full potential.

These movies are not being made just to please fan-boys, they are being made to sell tickets and earn money.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-09-2012 at 12:49 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote