View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #526
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post

The appearing, disappearing, reappearing, disappearing hand on Bruce's cane during his first meeting with Fox is something you can't unsee when you see it.

I just caught some awkward editing during Talia's reveal where her upright head is facing Batman, then it's tilted off to the side in less than the blink of an eye.

A lot or most movies have continuity errors but I usually suck at finding them. I noticed the night I first saw the movie that stuff felt wrong such as the Miranda, Bruce, Lucius, and Selina scene. Later I found out that in the old script it was in a different position in the movie. I should have never have felt that way on my first viewing but I knew it felt wrong right away.
A piece of advice. Dont start to pay attention to these continuity erros in Scorsese movies...or else you will never be the same

Continuity is a very small part of editing. Its very much discarded by a stronger image . I said Scorsese , i could said a lot of other directors. In his case , well Thelma Schoonmaker is a legend , and her movies collaborations are full of these sort of thing.

I actually think Lee Smith's editing in this movie is nowhere near as good as his previous collaborations with Nolan. But its the not the continuity that bugs me.

Last edited by Tequilla; 12-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote