View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Default Re: Representation in Marvel

Northstar could be a cool character but he's sorta just become "the gay mutant" of late. I only read the first 5 or 6 issues of Liu's Astonishing X-Men but it even came accross that way there. It's almost like it was a team book to draw people in but it was really the Northstar dealing with his sexualty title. I'm not against that but it didn't feel very organic to me.

I think they've done a fine job with Wiccan and Hulkling, so there's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
I get you.

Although, in the case of the Baptist church, the church that's probably most closely associated with The South in people's minds, it might be less of a religious thing and more because of media portraying most Southern people as racist *******s. I mean, maybe. It's definitely a factor.
That's part of what bothers me. I've never been Baptist but I've known some wonderful people of that denomination, and yet only the "nutjobs" are portrayed... well... pretty much everywhere. I was a Penticostal Christian for years and knew some wonderful christian people. Not a one of us were snake handlers or long haired holiness, or child-beating people. Some were a bit more extreme in their opinions of what's good and what's bad, but they had reason at least. They weren't hatred spewers.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote