View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #197
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
See now all kinds of naughty thoughts just ran through my head. My woman..in her wedding dress....in the theater....waiting to see MOS......GIGGITY.

HAHAHAHA
Ha that's how you'll consummate the marriage, watching MOS, instead of... y'know.. the dirty stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Joe Letteri (VFX supervisor) said that WETA is handling the early, pre-Superman things and he also mentioned that they are currently in the process of finishing their work on the film. So Im sure there are some jaw dropping shots of Krypton ready for the trailer.

Speaking of VFX, I have a question for anyone here that may be in this field or know more about it. As mentioned, Letteri said that WETA is handling the pre-Superman stuff. But last year he also said that their main priority was to make the flying look realistic. So if they will do that, how come that they aren't working on the Superman stuff? Or will Double Negative and MPC get the ´´code`` or whatever from WETA and use what they've come up with in those scenes?

And since it seems WETA is also handling Krypton, I assume they did all the Kryptonian technology bits. I'd hope that they would handle the mo-cap shots as IMO they are the best in the field in that.

And I hope MPC has more to do than Double Negative. They seem to do great work, Prometheus was done by MPC and WETA.
Yeah. That and this: http://screenrant.com/man-steel-movi...-sandy-171979/ lead me to believe that WETA may have backed out of alot of this film if they're only involved in the Krypton stuff now (as we're speculating here). Could they have passed on alot of the work needing to dedicate more time into the VFX for The Hobbit? Cause surely anything Peter Jackson is working on would take priority at WETA, since it's essentially his company and all.