View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #203
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
I always thought that the SFX were a joint thing, never just Weta. But Weta and Double Negative handling most of the film.
Yeah but we just found out that WETA won't be handling 'most' of the film, not even half. Joe Letteri from WETA just revealed that they are only doing some set-up before he becomes Superman. It's just 12 months ago they said that they wanted to get his 'flying' right, and that rumored description 6 months ago from a VFX conference apparently had WETA show off MOS footage of the tornado, and Superman v Zod. So it could be that they've had to back away from alot of it and pass on what they were set to Double Negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I got the impression from past Joe Letteri interviews that it seemed like Weta was doing most of the heavy lifting. Letteri's comments implied a close working relationship with Snyder, such Weta was helping to develop the overall style of the film's effects. Nevertheless, Weta's decreased involvement could be a good thing. From what I understand, their work on The Hobbit is coming under a lot of criticism, whereas Double Negative's work on The Dark Knight Rises was, with the exception of the football stadium, rather excellent.
Ugh. I don't know. I still think WETA is the best digital effects house working today.

Last edited by Smallville13; 12-09-2012 at 10:11 PM.