View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #223
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Batman reboot: Should it be based on realism, dark imagination, or silliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Even though I voted for A and B I love the Dark Imagination idea, the likes of Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, the Lazarus Pit and so much more is a big part of why I love the Batman mythos. IMO screw realism!

I enjoyed Nolan's trilogy, but I don't want to see Batman that way on film for a long time. Bring up the dark fantasy and sci-fi elements!
Imo, Nolan's trilogy is obviously something truly special, but that should be the last time we see something like that when depicting Batman. Bring in a Batman that doesn't retire after he accomplishes certain tasks, but I do think there should indeed be some realism even while using fantasy or sci-fi elements. Take The Amazing Spider-Man if you will as Marc Webb at least acknowledged and tried to have some reality based even in his world of giant lizards as there is some real world common sense added to that. Such as if you use Mr. Freeze or Clayface, there should at least be some realism to the plausibility of how these two became who they are.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote