View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #540
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I feel like on some level...when a movie makes over a billion dollars, and is well-reviewed, there should be almost a sense of obligation on the part of the Academy to nominate it. Tentpole filmmaking is what keeps the studios running. The money the studios make on these huge movies is what enables them to make a lot of your typical Oscar season fare, which aren't nearly as profitable.

Large scale filmmaking, when it's done right, ought to be celebrated by the Academy, if only for this reason. So whether it's Skyfall, Avengers, or TDKR, I feel like they should make an effort to nominate at least something outside their comfort zone. It's why the category was expanded in the first place, right? To allow for more variety in an effort to reverse the downward ratings trend?
Agreed...and IMO the best of that bunch is TDKR. However, I'd be happy for any of the three if they were to be nominated.